Posted:Jul 21, 2017
- Crispin Sartwell, Entanglements
- Crispin Sartwell, Against the state: An introduction to anarchist political theory
- Daniel Kaufman, The Electric Agora, “Why the free will problem isn’t one”
- G.E. Moore, “Proof of an external world”
- Daniel Kaufman, The Electric Agora, “Moore’s proof”
- Crispin Sartwell, The Wall Street Journal, “Left or right? Thoreau wouldn’t have understood the question”
- Daniel Kaufman and Crispin Sartwell, Entanglements Part I
Sophia | Jul 21, 2017 | Daniel Kaufman & Crispin Sartwell
The Wright Show
Robert Wright speaks with Jim Holt, author of the new book When Einstein Walked with Gödel: Excursions to the Edge of Thought, about how Einstein conceived his relativity theories.
Stephen Asma, author of the new book Why We Need Religion, and Rami Gabriel discuss the possible evolutionary origins behind Donald Trump’s demeanor and popularity.
Fashion journalist Connie Wang explains how her thoughts about cultural appropriation have changed.
The Wright Show
Adam Frank, author of the new book Light of the Stars: Alien Worlds and the Fate of the Earth, speculates that climate change may be the “great filter” that stops extraterrestrial civilizations from reaching maturity.
Ross Douthat, author of the new book To Change the Church: Pope Francis and the Future of Catholicism, speaks to Father William Dailey about the relevance of the Vatican to the lives of most Catholics.
Dan Kaufman speaks with clinical psychologist and MeaningofLife commenter Richard Thompson, a.k.a. miceelf88, on the changing role of empathy in political discourse.
YouTube personality ContraPoints explains how her identity has evolved through the process of gender transition.