Posted:Oct 9, 2017
- Daniel Tippens, The Electric Agora, “The Scope of Morality”
- Daniel A. Kaufman, The Electric Agora, “Morality Everywhere?”
- Daniel A. Kaufman, The Electric Agora, “Self-made”
- Susan Wolf, The Journal of Philosophy, “Moral Saints”
- Eric Schwitzgebel, The Splintered Mind, “My Defense of Anger and Empathy: Flanagan’s, Bloom’s, and Others’ Responses”
- Daniel Tippens, The Electric Agora, “Ruminations on Millennials – The Case of Moral Arrogance”
- Michele Moody-Adams, “The Idea of Moral Progress”
- Alessandra Maldonado, Salon, “Dave Chappelle opened his Radio City set with 20 minutes of transphobic ‘jokes'”
Sophia | Oct 9, 2017 | Daniel Kaufman & Daniel Tippens
Noah Rasheta and registered dietician Paige Smathers discuss the benefits of mindful attention to one’s thoughts and senses while eating.
The Wright Show
Stephen Batchelor, author of After Buddhism: Rethinking the Dharma for a Secular Age, on the perils of ascribing too much authority to traditional Buddhist teachings.
How bad are his offenses, and is the backlash to babe.net’s article warranted? Aryeh Cohen-Wade and Liz Wolfe consider.
Anthropologist Tanya Luhrmann on the place of shamans in Christian societies in West Africa.
Philip Menchaca speaks with psychologist Jonathan Young, an expert on the work of Joseph Campbell. Plus: Cinderella and mental health.
Josh Summers and Thomas Joiner, author of Mindlessness: The Corruption of Mindfulness in a Culture of Narcissism, discuss the origins of modern culture’s self-obsession.
Stephen Asma and Rami Gabriel present a puppet show telling the philosophical history of emotion, from Aristotle to Freud.
Massimo Pigliucci on how philosophers can give practical advice without betraying their principles.