Posted:Oct 9, 2017
- Daniel Tippens, The Electric Agora, “The Scope of Morality”
- Daniel A. Kaufman, The Electric Agora, “Morality Everywhere?”
- Daniel A. Kaufman, The Electric Agora, “Self-made”
- Susan Wolf, The Journal of Philosophy, “Moral Saints”
- Eric Schwitzgebel, The Splintered Mind, “My Defense of Anger and Empathy: Flanagan’s, Bloom’s, and Others’ Responses”
- Daniel Tippens, The Electric Agora, “Ruminations on Millennials – The Case of Moral Arrogance”
- Michele Moody-Adams, “The Idea of Moral Progress”
- Alessandra Maldonado, Salon, “Dave Chappelle opened his Radio City set with 20 minutes of transphobic ‘jokes'”
Sophia | Oct 9, 2017 | Daniel Kaufman & Daniel Tippens
Dan Kaufman speaks with clinical psychologist and MeaningofLife commenter Richard Thompson, a.k.a. miceelf88, on the changing role of empathy in political discourse.
YouTube personality ContraPoints explains how her identity has evolved through the process of gender transition.
Stephen Asma and Rami Gabriel reflect on the modern instinct to sort human behavior into “cultural” and “biological” categories.
The Wright Show
Philosopher Tamler Sommers, author of the new book Why Honor Matters, makes the case.
Psychologist Kathryn Gordon cohosts Jedi Counsel, a podcast looking at pop culture characters through a psychological lens. Here she discusses the narcissism of Darth Vader.
The Wright Show
Steven Pinker discusses his bestselling new book Enlightenment Now with Robert Wright.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and Danielle Tcholakian discuss why research is lacking on long-term use of antidepressants.
Scott Barry Kaufman and Ellen Hendriksen, author of the new book How to Be Yourself: Quiet Your Inner Critic and Rise Above Social Anxiety, discuss how to overcome the core fears that define social anxiety.
Dan Kaufman and Crispin Sartwell discuss whether the high-security environment of modern schooling hurts the cultivation of good citizenship.