Posted:May 11, 2020
- Jesse’s newsletter, Singal-Minded
- Jesse’s podcast, with Katie Herzog, Blocked and Reported
- Alex Byrne, “Are Women Adult Human Females?”
- Robin Dembroff, “Escaping the Natural Attitude About Gender”
- Robin Dembroff, “Nonbinary Identity is a Radical Stance against Gender Segregation”
- Freddie deBoer, “The Iron Law of Institutions and the left”
- Robert Wright’s interview with Kate Manne
- Jesse’s piece on Tuvel, “This Is What a Modern-Day Witch Hunt Looks Like”
- Anonymous, “I am leaving academic philosophy because of its transphobia problem”
- Dan’s essay, “Philosophy’s Woke Triangle”
- Dan’s essay, “Peak Woke Philosophy”
- Dan’s essay, “Philosophy’s Aspirant Tin Pot Dictators”
- Dan’s essay, “Self-Made”
- Dan’s essay, “Feeling Like a Man”
- Dan’s essay, “Sex and Sports”
- Dan’s essay, “Thoughts on Sex and Gender”
- Dan’s essay, “The End of Traditional Civil Rights”
Sophia | May 11, 2020 | Daniel Kaufman & Jesse Singal
Science writer George Musser explains one of physics’ strangest concepts to John Horgan.
Daniel Kaufman and Kevin Currie-Knight air their worries about the young intellectual Coleman Hughes’ career path.
John Horgan dives into quantum mechanics and the mind-body problem with science writer Amanda Gefter.
Daniel Kaufman and Megan Fritts debate the contemporary relevance of philosophy of religion.
Philosophers Daniel Kaufman and Robert Gressis discuss whether the fame of prominent philosophers is justified by the quality of their work.
John Horgan and science writer/physicist Michael Brooks explore the blurry line between science and pseudoscience.
Daniel Kaufman and Milton Lawson discuss Hitchens’ influence on Milton’s comic book, Thompson Heller: Detective Interstellar.
Philosophers Daniel Kaufman and Joshua Rasmussen debate whether an all-encompassing epistemology is attainable.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and Massimo Pigliucci discuss the evolution of intelligence and biological complexity.